In this episode we discuss:
- Why healthy conflict and the ability to surface and resolve disagreements is crucial to being a disruptive leader.
- The importance of honest feedback in creating understanding and building strong relationships.
- How to overcome the awkwardness of giving feedback by setting the stage properly.
- Rather than avoid conflict or confrontations, approach them with the belief that everyone has the best intentions.
- How to maintain healthy relationships while fostering disagree.
- What happens if there isn’t open and transparent ways to deal with differences of opinion and approaches.
- The power of the principle “disagree and commit”.
- Rather than weaken relationships, disagreements done right strengthen and deepen relationships.
- My website: charleneli.com
- Article: Why You Need Healthy Conflict at Work (and 3 Ways to Create It)
- Article: This One Fear is Mucking Up Disruptive Leadership
- Subscribe to my weekly LinkedIn Newsletter Leading Disruption, which features a long-form article, usually related to my livestream early in the week.
- Tune in to my weekly Livestream, most Tuesdays at 9 am PT / 12 pm ET on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to my bi-weekly newsletter Disruption Dispatch, which features a short content piece, a quick update of my latest, and Three Good Things (Reads, Referrals, and Resources) to help you on your disruption journey.