In this episode we discuss:
- The idea of agency us that each person has the ability to have a direct impact on the things that are important to them and to act like an owner.
- Agency is needed to scale your leadership, especially when trying to create disruptive change.
- Seasoned CEO Rebecca Macieira Kaufman shares how she scaled her leadership at companies like Citibank and Wells Fargo.
- Example of how Comcast created agency in their call centers.
- The importance of shifting middle managers from being gatekeepers to facilitators.
- Why it’s hard to develop a sense of agency in people.
- Develop and grow agency by putting in place structure, clear guidelines, defining the edges of what is possible.
- Your job as a disruptive leader is to create and support more leaders to scale your disruptive growth.
- My website: charleneli.com
- This episode features Rebecca Macieira Kaufman, the author of FitCEO: Be the Leader of Your Life and former executive at Citibank talking about how she scaled her leadership.
- Article: Can Your Employees Answer These Three Questions? (They Should!)
- Article: 3 Powerful Strategies for Creating Strong Employee Relationships
- Subscribe to my weekly LinkedIn Newsletter Leading Disruption, which features a long-form article, usually related to my livestream early in the week.
- Tune in to my weekly Livestream, most Tuesdays at 9 am PT / 12 pm ET on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to my bi-weekly newsletter Disruption Dispatch, which features a short content piece, a quick update of my latest, and Three Good Things (Reads, Referrals, and Resources) to help you on your disruption journey.