In this episode we discuss:
- My personal experience dealing with the resistance to change due to an overwhelming feeling of shame and embarrassment.
- A key component of disruptive, transformative leadership is being able to redefine and reframe failure.
- How we set goals and reward their attainment directly impacts change capacity. Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) are a powerful way to set audacious goals with the full knowledge that you won’t hit them. And that’s OK!
- People resist change because they don’t know how to deal with uncertainty.
- Using scenarios can be a very helpful tool in dealing with uncertainty and providing clarity on the most important things to be done.
- As a transformative leader, address the fear of uncertainty by anticipating the emotions of change, and erecting trust “scaffolding” to hold space for people.
- My website: charleneli.com
- Learn more about OKRS and how they create alignment around strategic initiatives.
- Subscribe to my weekly LinkedIn Newsletter Leading Disruption, which features a long-form article, usually related to my livestream early in the week.
- Tune in to my weekly Livestream, most Tuesdays at 9 am PT / 12 pm ET on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to my bi-weekly newsletter Disruption Dispatch, which features a short content piece, a quick update of my latest, and Three Good Things (Reads, Referrals, and Resources) to help you on your disruption journey.